|Main • Tropes|
Tropes about the Earldom of Etrancoast include:
- Fantasy Counterpart Culture: A mix of the Dutch, Anglo-Saxons and Horny Vikings.
- Early Installment Weirdness / Characterization Marches On: Initially, Etrancoast was defined as a province of Etrand, then an independent state, then finally as a vassal of Etrand.
- Vestigial Empire: The Kingdom of Hulra was a proud kingdom when the tribes of Etrand were still bickering among whose sheep has the right to graze upon a certain grassland. Today, Etrancoast - Hulra's successor - is a vassal of the Kingdom of Etrand.
- Les Collaborateurs: For a long time, Etrancoast's nobility has collaborated with the Etrandish overlords to keep the native peasantry down. Even if times have change the country's nobility no longer feels motivated to lick Etrand's behind, relations between Etrancoast's nobiltiy and peasantry are beyond repair.
- La Résistance: The remaining pagans.
- Big Brother Is Watching: The Earldom of Hulra has the most advanced spy network in all of Artograch.