|Main • Tropes|
Tropes about the religion itself include:
- Expy: Of Christianity, according to László Dorfeld. Zsolt Tóth argues that the only resemblance to Christianity is the structured and hiararchic nature of the church (which originates in the relationship between the state and the church), and in actual religious doctrines, it actually resembles Islam or Judaism much more. He also argues that the religion was partially infuenced by Inca Paganism (Sun God worship, and all that) and Buddhism (reincarnation).
- Reincarnation: Despite being a supposed expy of Christianity, the Titanist religion has Reincarnation.
- Heteronormative Crusader Homosexuality is forbidden in Titanism. See: Sexuality in Artograch#Church of Titanius
- Beauty Equals Goodness: the way Angels are represented.
- Celestial Paragons and Archangels
- The Church: State religion of Etrand, Froturn and Artaburro.
- Church Police: The Inquisition.
- Church Militant: The Inquisiton, and the various Knightly Orders.
- Corrupt Church: As much as both the rulers and the Inquisition try to fight it, it's there, and is not going anywhere. It also contaminates the Inquisition itself.
- Religion Is Magic: Titanist Priests have Clerical Magic at their disposal.
- Badass Preacher: An inevitable result of the previous trope.
- Sacred Language: Classical High Elven.
- Patron Saint: Plenty in existence.
- All Monks Know Kung Fu: Zig-zagged. There is a stereotype about Titanist priests having a fetish for flails. Yes, the weapons.
- The Scrappy: to 影 and László Dorfeld, largerly due to considering it an Expy of Christianity.
- Creator's Pet: to Zsolt Tóth. He doesn't like it when the two mentioned above give them recent defeats and make the religion weaker in states where it's state religion.
- Author Tract: Partially represents the creator's views on some things, such as sexuality.
Tropes about Titanius himself, the god of the religion include: