|Main • Tropes|
Tropes about Archbishop Eurenic Bryantling of Grandfolk:
- Heel Face Turn/Heel Faith Turn: Started out as a sadistic and aggressive bully who happens to be also the heir apparent of a king. Then he got blinded and forced to retire to a monastery, became a kind, considerate and pious monk.
- In the Blood: His snake-eyedness is a symptom of the Bryantid disease.
- Cain and Abel: With Cairbré.
- The Unfavourite: Downplayed. While his father Bryant liked him, his mother Mythela was bitter towards him, and his younger brother Cairbré hated him.
- The Bully: A sadistic abuser of his power, he played this trope quite straight in his heyday.
- Screw the Rules, I Have Connections: This is how he got away with bullying people, and this is how he had the power that he abused.
- Royalty Are Evil
- Royal Brat
- Badass Beard or Beard of Evil, depending on how you look at it.
- Badass Long Hair
- Good Shepherd
- Real Men Love Titanius
- Turbulent Priest: Downplayed, but during his late life, he had grown a habit of reminding his brother King Cairbré why he may or may not be a Straw Hypocrite.
- Warrior Monk: As a monk, he became an expert in martial arts.
- Nepotism: Why do you think he was given the title of Archbishop, if not for the fact that his younger brother was the King? Surely they don't hand out priestly titles just because you were once evil but underwent redemption. Surely they don't make you a bishop just because you are a super-pious fundamentalist.